Friday, March 20, 2009

Reflection

Through this project I have learned a lot actually I learned more about it. I also found out more static’s about everybody not just our young African American teenagers in Chicago. In fact I learned that its not worse in Chicago in fact were lucky because other parts of the world is worser.I also learned about credible and non credible which I have never heard of until it was time to do this project . Also I learned that United States has the highest rates of STDs in the industrialized world. In the United States alone, about 19 million new infections are estimated to occur each year. Women suffer more frequent and more serious complications from STDs than men. You can get and pass STDs through vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Trichomoniasis can also picked up from contact with damp or moist objects such as towels, wet clothing, or a toilet seat, if the genital area gets in contact with these damp objects. Some STDs cause no symptoms. But STDs can still be passed from person to person even if there are no symptoms.

Thought out this project, there were a lot of things that I learned and I must admit that there is still a lot to learn about this subject. Also, I learned that testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be an effective tool in preventing the spread of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. An understanding of the relationship between STDs and HIV infection can help in the development of effective HIV prevention programs for persons with high-risk sexual behaviors.

Individuals who are infected with STDs are at least two to five times more likely than uninfected individuals to acquire HIV infection if they are exposed to the virus through sexual contact. This is what I learned while completing this project.
http://www.cdc.gov/std/HIV/default.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment